Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at GR Baker Memorial Hospital.
Reporting to the Manager of Critical Care and Surgery, the perioperative nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management in accordance with the Northern Health mission statement.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days - 07:00 to 15:00 rotating
GR Baker Memorial Hospital is a full care hospital with 26 acute beds, four ICU beds and five crisis stabilization beds. Some services provided are laboratory, diagnostic imaging, pharmacy, home and community care and home support, mental health and addictions, general surgery, internal medicine, otolaryngology (ENT), community cancer care, physiotherapy, respiratory therapy, environmental health and speech and language therapy. Visiting specialists in cardiology, pediatrics, orthopaedics, plastic surgery, urology and ophthalmology.
Quesnel has a population of 10,000 (2021) local residents and is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world’s largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. Check out Quesnel for more information on this outdoor playground and its access to a wealth of adventures.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Post graduate operating room course within the last five years or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates clinical competence in surgical principles and procedures.
• Ability to physically perform the duties of the job.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to work under stress and deal with stressful situations.
• Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.