** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Dawson Creek and District Hospital.
Under the direction of the Unit Manager, the ER/HAU RN provides direct nursing care to the Emergency and High Acuity care patients according to established standards/policies. The ER/HAU RN identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs in the Emergency and High Acuity Care environment. Nursing practice is guided by the vision and values of Northern Health, BCCN&M Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Delivery Area and Dawson Creek and District Hospital approved policies, procedures, and protocols.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings, 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30 (Rotating)
New Wage: As of April 1, 2023 the new wage is: $40.21 - $57.78/hour
Dawson Creek & District Hospital is a 50-bed hospital that offers full service that includes inpatient care, emergency, respiratory, rehab, surgery, obstetrics & gynecology lab, medical imaging, and cancer care. The hospital is the northeastern BC orthopedic and trauma centre. Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology and pediatrics is also available.
Dawson Creek has a population of 12,178 (2021) with a youthful and vibrant community that serves as a major centre for the surrounding areas. Come enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets Dawson Creek has to offer. Check out Dawson Creek for more information about this community where the northern lights shine.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Current Level C CPR certification. ACLS, CTAS required or acquired within twelve (12) months from date of hire.
• Completion of, or willingness to enroll in a post-graduate Critical Care or Emergency Department Course.
• Must be willing to attain in house certification courses as required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Make and apply nursing judgments using analytical skills and critical thinking.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Interact with others effectively and respectfully.
• Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Maintain own physical, mental, and emotional well being.
• Using critical thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
• Ability to operate and maintain related equipment.
• Ability to provide clinical supervision and support nursing education.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.