** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join Rotary Manor.
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and vision and values of the Northern Health. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor or designate, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff.
The LPN operates in accordance with the expected competencies within the Entry to Practice Competencies, Scope of Practice and Standards of Practice as outlined by BCCNM, as well as within a client and family centered care model and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00
New Wage: As of April 1, 2023 the new wage is: $31.89 - $43.65/hour
The Rotary Manor Complex consists of two buildings; the main area and the three-story tower are joined by a glassed walkway. All areas are bright with lots of natural sunlight and pleasant décor. 115 publicly subsidized beds, two private rooms for respite care two private rooms for community palliative needs. We have an active recreation department with various activities planned during the day, as well as groups who come in, both in the daytime and during the evening, for example school children for the Grand Buddy program, singers and musicians, church groups etc. The Adult Day Away Program integrates some of their activities with the facility recreation program.
Dawson Creek has a population of 12,178 (2021) with a youthful and vibrant community that serves as a major centre for the surrounding areas. Come enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets Dawson Creek has to offer. Check out Dawson Creek for more information about this community where the northern lights shine.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• • Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
• One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific clinical specialty or patient population dependent on the nature of the caseload (e.g. acute care, gerontology, palliative, etc.).
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to assign care and share knowledge with the multidisciplinary team, clients and families
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; and ability to initiate and implement a plan of care.
• Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.